UK issued EASA licence

EASA to UK licence deadline

If you have a pilot licence you may have heard rumblings about the need to convert EASA licences to UK ones by the end of this year.

The official guidance is a little complex but we have had confirmation that as long as your EASA licence has been issued by the UK CAA then you do not need to do anything.

The next time your licence is reprinted – for example if you change your address or add a type rating – your replacement licence will be a UK one. In the meantime your UK-issued EASA licence is just fine.

The warning is really aimed at those who obtained EASA licences issued by other states after Brexit, in order to be able to keep flying EU registered aircraft. This is likely to only apply to UK commercial pilots operating on the Continent so won’t affect many of our clients.

For the full info see the UK-EU transition section on the CAA’s website.

Posted in Uncategorized.